26 Mar COVID-19 Update 26th March 2020
Dear valued clients and community, it’s been challenging times for many people around the world and we will navigate this together. We have been letting individuals and community members know that we will be sharing helpful information and podcasts to help you and others navigate uncertainty.
I want to let you know that we at Core will continue to be a source of inspiration and support to those around us. We will guide you and others to draw on your inner strength and face challenges with courage and kindness. And support the ever-changing feelings and challenges in life that you may be faced with.
In these times even the most resilient of us is looking for ways to cope and this is something we all do. For some it’s the daily mediation, watching a funny cat movie or calling a friend. There are ways we can cope to be healthier and even in uncertainty build resilience and as you can imagine there is coping that can be more negative to our well-being. We would like to share tips regularly that help you and your loved one’s cope more positively using Positive Psychology and Neuroscience tips.
Here’s a few tips on healthy coping to get started and I will in time build on what the science says about each of these tips for coping.
- Practice Gratitude as even in times of uncertainty we can focus on our environment, people and those showing so much kindness in this world and the science is clear Gratitude reduces cortisol (stress chemicals) by about 22%
- Practice self-compassion and compassion towards others. Fill the inner voice with messages of hope as we are all doing our best right now.
- Make a personal self-care plan to fill your cup
- Write, draw or paint
- Try and spot strengths in yourself and others
- Play an instrument, sing, dance or act
- Take a shower or a bath
- Keep a journal
- Exercise- Work out to get stress out!
Please let me know if you would like to know more about certain topics as we can write and share more in podcasts. Looking forward to keeping connected with you and supporting and inspiring you all.